Welcome to the Math Department!
Graduation from secondary school requires the successful completion of at least three (3) courses in mathematics (with at least one of these at the Grade 11 or 12 level). Further mathematics courses may be – but are not necessarily – required by universities and colleges for admission. It is important that you discuss your options with the Guidance Department and consider the recommendations of your Mathematics teachers.
Helping Students at Home
The following list offers suggestions for helping students at home.
- celebrate a good effort and encourage a positive attitude
- stay in touch with the teacher(s)
- ask good questions during homework support (do not give answers)
- help with the development of time-management skills
- encourage the use of an agenda or homework book
- turn off the television and other e-entertainment
- create a quiet workspace for homework
- take an interest in your child's homework and assignments
Extra help outside of regular classroom instruction is available at EDHS each Tuesday through Thursday during lunch in room 127. Additional support may be available through peer tutoring -- speak with your classroom teacher if are looking for this type of support.
Homework Help provides math students in Grades 7 to 10 with access to live, interactive online math help provided by certified Ontario teachers. Homework Help is free of charge and includes real-time individualized confidential math tutoring, discussion boards, video tutorials and commonly asked questions. Live tutoring is available from 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM, Sunday to Thursday.
Click here for Mr. Tipper's Math Classes