Welcome to the Math Department!
Graduation from secondary school requires the successful completion of at least three (3) courses in mathematics (with at least one of these at the Grade 11 or 12 level). Further mathematics courses may be – but are not necessarily – required by universities and colleges for admission. It is important that you discuss your options with the Guidance Department and consider the recommendations of your Mathematics teachers.
Click on the link below to contact and get to know our Math Team!
EDHS Math Team.pdf
Helping Students at Home
- celebrate a good effort and encourage a positive attitude
- stay in touch with the teacher(s)
- ask good questions during homework support (do not give answers)
- help with the development of time-management skills
- encourage the use of an agenda or homework book
- turn off the television and other e-entertainment
- create a quiet workspace for homework
- take an interest in your child's homework and assignments
Math Help at School
Extra help outside of regular
classroom instruction is available at EDHS every day during the lunch hour in
Room 114. Additional support may be available through peer tutoring. Speak with your classroom teacher if are looking for this type of support.
Tutoring and Homework Help
Build your math skills and confidence with a
personalized math coach. To support learning at home, Ontario Certified
Teachers are available online Monday-Friday 9am to 9pm ET and 3:30pm to 9pm ET
Sunday for tutoring and homework help. Visit link below for more details.