"The library connects us with the insight and knowledge, painfully extracted from Nature, of the greatest minds that ever were, with the best teachers, drawn from the entire planet and from all our history, to instruct us without tiring, and to inspire us to make our own contribution to the collective knowledge of the human species."
To access our online library: click here
The Simcoe County District School Board has more than 100 school libraries. There are approximately 1.5 million items in the current resource collection.
Teacher-librarians support student literacy, academic achievement.and reading enjoyment by working with students and staff to develop an engaging collection.
Your Library Resource Centre invites you to come in and learn before/after school, during spare periods and at lunch.
Please note the following:
- Hours are: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (or as posted).
- Loans/fines are your responsibility. Failure to settle these may result in suspension of library privileges.
- Book loans are for 3 weeks; some resources have shorter loan duration.
- More than one item may be borrowed at a time.
- Return borrowed items promptly; items may be renewed once.
- Fines are 10 cents per day per item up to the cost of the book or item.
- Overdue books will result in suspension of resource centre privileges; poor library citizenship will be referred to the Vice Principal.
- Lost or damaged materials must be replaced at the replacement cost; average cost of a hard back book is $40; paperbacks are $15.
- Computers and other equipment are for legitimate educational purposes only; priority will be given to classes who have signed out the computers.
- All school computer rules/policies/procedures are in effect at all times. No food or beverages are permitted in the library.